Inca Jungle Adventure
Itinerary Inca Jungle trek
Day 1: biking (rafting optional)We pick you up very early from your accommation to head towards Abra Málaga, passing the Sacred Valley and the inca town Ollantaytambo. From the starting point at a altitude of 4315 meters we descend on our bikes during three hours to arrive at Huamanmarka, where we´ll have lunch. After that we continue our trekking to Santa Maria, where you´ll have the option to go rafting to additional costo in the Urubamba river. At the end of the day we arrive at Pispitayoc, where we´ll spend the night at a local family´s lodge.
Day 2: hikingWe start the day with a nice breakfast and start your hike to the highest point in the región from where we can enjoy the view of the impressive valley. Continuing our trekking we pass towns suchs as Quellomayo and Cocalmayo. In this last place we´ll find hot springs, where you can enjoy a relaxing bath. We continue to the town of Santa Teresa, where we´ll spend the night.
Day 3: ziplining (optional)We start the day early to go ziplining in Santa Teresa. This is an optional activity but we really recommend it! During this day we´ll enjoy the jungle´s nice and warm climate, beautiful landscapes and wild life. After all the adventurous activities we take the bus to Hidroeléctrica from where we start walking along the train rails that lead to Aguas Calientes. Here we´ll have dinner together for the last time and prepare ourselves to go up to Machu Picchu the next day.
Day 4: Machu PicchuVery early in the morning we leave our accommodation to go to Machu Picchu to set eyes upon the citadel at sunrise. At Machu Picchu the guide will tell you in about two hours everything about this world wonder. After that you can explore the citadel on your own. At a certain time we´ll take the bus back from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes, where we´ll board de train back to Ollantaytambo and then take the bus to Cusco.
The Inca Jungle trek included
- Pick up from accommodation
- Transport in minivan
- Mountainbikes with handbrakes, helmets, gloves, protection body.
- 3x lunch, 3x dinner, 3x breakfast
- 1 overnight in basic lodge
- 2 overnights in hostel (with private bathroom=
- Entry to Machu Picchu
- Bilingual guide (Spanish & English)
- Return train ticket from Machu Picchu to Ollantaytambo and bus ticket to Cusco
- Guide assistant (when more than 14 people)
- First aid kit
- Vegetarian meal option without any additional cost
- Personal attention
The Inca Jungle trek not included:
- Bus ticket to Machu Picchu ($18)
- Breakfast first day and lunch last day
- Entry to hot spring Santa Teresa (5 soles)
- Drink water
- Ticket to cross the river (2 soles)
- Personal spendings
Recommended to bring
Recommended to bring:
- Warm cloths
- Sportive cloths (1 set for each day)
- Hiking shoes
- Photo camera
- Mosquito repellent
- Rain jacket
- Extra Money
Details of Inca Jungle trek:
- Price of trek: Upon request
- Duration of trek: 4 days / 3 nights
- Start date: Daily departures
Please contact us to request a price quote and you will find this out for yourself!