Inca Jungle Adventure
Itinerary Inca Jungle trek
Day 1: biking & raftingWe pick you up very early from your accommation to head towards Abra Málaga, passing the Sacred Valley and the Inca town of Ollantaytambo. From the starting point at an altitude of 4315 meters we descend on our bikes during three hours. You will see rural villages, rivers, orchards and streams until you reach the Huamanmarca Region. From there, our private bus will take you to Santa Maria for an excellent lunch. After lunch, you will start your wild water rafting adventure (class III and IV.) Once in Santa Maria, you are going to the accommodations to take a shower and relax. In the evening dinner at the restaurant in town.
Day 2: hikingWe start the day with a nice breakfast and start your hike to the highest point in the region from where we can enjoy the view of the impressive valley. On the way, we appreciate many plantations of bananas, Coca, yucca, coffee, etc. Continuing our trekking we pass towns suchs as Quellomayo and Cocalmayo. In this last place you´ll find spectacular hot springs, where you can enjoy a relaxing bath. In Santa Teresa you will have dinner at a local restaurant and sleep at a hostel.
Day 3: zipliningWe start the day early to go ziplining in Santa Teresa. During this day we´ll enjoy the jungle´s nice and warm climate, beautiful landscapes and wildlife. After the adventurous activities we take the bus to Hidroeléctrica from where we start walking along the train rails that lead to Aguas Calientes. You will walk through the semi-jungle and pass waterfalls, coca and coffee farms until you arrive at the town of Aguas Calientes at the foot of Machu Picchu. Here we´ll have dinner together for the last time and prepare ourselves to go up to Machu Picchu the next day.
Day 4: Machu PicchuVery early in the morning we leave our accommodation, to hike up to Machu Picchu to set eyes upon the citadel at sunrise. At Machu Picchu the guide will tell you in about two hours everything about this world wonder. After that you can explore the citadel on your own. At a certain time we´ll take the bus back from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes, where we´ll board de train back to Ollantaytambo and then take the bus to Cusco.
The Inca Jungle trek: included
- Transportation from Cusco – Abra Málaga
- Mountain Bikes, Helmets and Gloves
- The following meals: 3 Breakfasts, 3 Lunches, 3 Dinners (vegetarian options available)
- Rafting day 1 (depends on the water stand in rain season)
- Zip-line day 3
- A Private Bilingual Professional Guide
- Entrance fee to Machu Picchu
- 2 Nights in a Local-Rural House with Basic Service (Shared Room with shared bathroom)
- 1 Night of Hostel Lodging (Private Bathrooms and Hot Water)
- Return train ticket from Machu Picchu to Ollantaytambo and bus ticket to Cusco
- First aid kit
The Inca Jungle trek: not included:
- Bus ticket to Machu Picchu (optional, you can walk)
Details of Inca Jungle trek:
- Price of trek: Upon request
- Duration of trek: 4 days / 3 nights
- Start date: Daily departures
Please contact us to request a price quote and you will find this out for yourself!